Tuesday, August 9, 2011

MissGennD Cooks Too! -HOMEMADE MOJOS-

Hello Tarties! 
(What the H is Tarties? Where did I get it from? From now on imma call you my dear readers & friends TARTIES! Yup! As cheesy as that, coz I am cheesy! LOLS! Nah! I got it from the word SWEETHEARTS then I deleted the SWEE part and left with THEARTS. From THEARTS I derive the word TART and made it plural now I've got something to call everyone! TARTIES!!! Sounds sweet eh? Oh well I love it)

Anyhoo back to the real topic for this post... Yes I cook too! I love preparing finger foods, pastas, main courses, appetizers, desserts and even mix cocktails. I have no proper training for these stuff. I remember I just love to hangout in the kitchen, whenever we have gatherings at home and all my Aunts and Uncles (they are best cooks in our family) are too busy preparing for our handa. I would always be there offering anything I can to help them. May it be peeling the garlic, throwing trash, or just simply being there and watching how they prepare things. Oh well this has been too long for an intro, let me present to you a few of my homemade goodies:

Homemade Mojo's
Fried Mojo's

Ingredients:
Potatoes

Canola Oil

Seasoned Salt (salt, pepper & chili)

Honey Mustard Dressing works as a dip too
(available in our local supermarkets for Php129.00)


Paper Towel 
(layer 2-4 sheets on your plate and place the mojos on top so it'll absorb the excess oil)

How to prepare:
1. Rinse potatoes, don't peel them and slice it according to your desired thickness.
2. Heat oil in pan.
3. Fry them lightly don't make them too crispy.
4. Place the fried mojos on top of the layered paper towels.
5. Lightly sprinkle seasoned salt while letting it cool down.
6. Enjoy your homemade mojos with Honey Mustard dip.

Enjoy and happy eating!

Toodles,

11 comments:

Jackie said...

yum! thanks for sharing the recipe. I cook something similar on weekends sometimes, too. =))

MissGennD said...

I am addicted to this mojos right now. I can eat it for a day and won't hear me complain. =)

MaxiVelasco said...

I love Mojos. That's something one can get from Shakey's, right? Or am I thinking wrong? Hmmm.

Anyway, I've tasted Mojos in the Philippines and loved it. Since one can't order mojos here in Sweden, I make my own mojos, too. It brings me close to home.

I like your version of mojos. Easy and for sure, yum!

unsugarcoatedreviews said...

I looove mojos (and everything else made from potatoes). Thanks for the recipe! :D

Kai Sensei said...

Yummmy mojos! Home made snacks are always the best!

Sumi Go said...

These mojos look yummy sis! :D I love potatoes so I'll definitely try making some this week ;)

Mae Oliva said...

Lucky me potatoes here in Baguio are cheap. Gonna try this for sure :)

tess said...

hmm, interesting .I have all thr ingredients in my kitchen and surely will give it a try.My kids like fry taters and they will enjoy it.

Cha Sy said...

Wow! My kuya used to cooked squid rings for me, I'll tell him to buy mojos instead thanks for the idea!

mark pogi said...

I recall cooking those a couple of years back and I kinda missed cooking.

Eugene Constantino said...

I'm a big fan of MOJOS! Hopefully I can do this soon!

Hefty Foodie: Random Food Trips with Close Friends

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...