I love fresh sheets! Who wouldn't right? Those sweet scent of fabric conditioner, and soft, smooth silky feel of it makes me wanna crawl back to bed whenever I'm changing my sheets! I've been a fan of these kinds of spray ever since I was able to have my own place. I change my sheets every 2 weeks and honestly the scent of my fabric conditioner doesn't last that long. So what's the best way to freshen up our bed, sofa and curtains in a flash? The best solution I've got is linen sprays! It's like your linen's cologne.
ABOUT ISLAND BASICS:
Now, let me introduce you to this wonderful company called Island Basics that provides all natural bath, body, home and baby care products. They intend to create a soothing and calming feel in your rooms and homes and improve your well-being by providing you with natural alternatives in reasonable prices. Their products are locally made in the Philippines and whenever possible, their ingredients are also sourced locally.
Whenever you buy from them you not only get their world class products, you also provide jobs and education to Filipinos. They support some groups like Green Earth, World Vision and KMBI. You can check out their website for more information:
WHAT IS KMBI?
KMBI is a non-profit organization, since 1986, it has been helping poor Filipino women micro-entrepreneurs to have access to loans, insurance and capital build-up. From serving 37 clients, it now serves 257,000 women all over the country with it's 71 branches and 1,300 staff.
In the heart of its micro-finance operations is the compassion to serve and facilitate transformation beginning with these women. KMBI puts a premium on values formation, capacity building and women empowerment. For more information click on the link below:
Thank you to Gellie of So Gellesh, & Marga of KMBI for introducing me to Island Basics products. And the first product I get to review is their linen spray.
Room & Linen Spray in Pink Pomelo & Ginger
The cool and refreshing scent of pink pomelo laced with the spiciness of fresh ginger.
- Label - very simple and classy.
- Ingredients - all natural with no preservatives at all!
- Packaging - comes in a clear spray bottle with cover to protect it's nozzle from dusts.
- Scent - it has this cool, sweet, refreshing scent and has a hint of ginger. It's calming and relaxing scent will just spread all over your room.
- Color - it's yellowish hue is safe to use on curtains and beddings. Doesn't stain at all.
- Comes in different scents that you can choose from:
- Available in 100ml for Php140
- Sunflower Grapes
- Fresh Bamboo
- Lemon & Olive
- Available in 150ml for Php 200
- Green Tea & Patchouli
- Pink Pomelo & Ginger
- Basil & Bergamot
- Availability - you can purchase them through their online shop at multiply site. And they also joins bazaars every now and then. Check out their site for more information.
- I just wish the scent last a bit longer on my linens, aside from that there's nothing to rant about it this great product.
- I would highly recommend this product to those who'd like to have their rooms smell fresh and clean every time.
- With it's price and size it's a steal! I did my product research and most linen sprays costs Php 400+ at the same size.
- How much do I like it?
Wait there's more!
With a growing awareness to battle climate change and need to educate more people on the impact of human consumption, Island Basics and KMBI partners to help the environment.
From November 2011 until January 2012, Island Basics will be giving away one peso per item sold to the "Piso para sa KMBI" project. This donation will help KMBI fund envrionmental initiatives already started by KMBI members.